Jul 20, 2010

One month down





One Month means one thing: shots. Thankfully, we have a rockstar for a child, and she was upset for maybe five seconds before she was completely over it. Doctor Hodges also said she was remarkably healthy, coming in at the 95th percentile for height and weight (and brilliance, if it was measurable, I'm sure). Our little chunky monkey weighs 11 lbs 7 oz, and is 22 inches long. Cliff's whole family on his father's side is extremely tall, so I told Doctor Hodges that she would probably be very big too, to which she replied that I wasn't so tiny myself. For my mental health, I'm saying that she meant I was tall. Aside from that, I also ran into a friends younger sister and her daughter in the waiting room, whom I have never met before. I was so surprised to see someone I (kind of) knew, that I introduced myself as her sister's friend, who stalked her daughter on facebook. Couldn't have been any creepier.

June has been putting herself in a schedule recently, which is one that I'm completely in love with. Now that I've said that, I'm sure she'll change it today. She has been waking up for the day around noon or so, staying up until 11ish (with very, very short naps in between) and then sleeping relatively soundly from then on, waking up only to chug the same amount of food that people twice her age eat. Since she's been out like a light at night, we tried to let her sleep in her own room again, and this time I didn't feel like the worst mom ever. In fact, I felt like a mom who had her own bed back! Minus the other person and 4 dogs in it...


In other news, tomorrow is our first playdate! Meg, Claire, and her daughter Maggie are all coming over so we can feel how old and boring we really are.


No comments:

Post a Comment